Jun 8, 2011

Offer your Pieces


I'm not going to hold back. I'm going to share with you what I know.
No lies. You ready? Here it is....

YOU are BROKEN.
I am BROKEN.


And we are in need of a remedy beyond what we can do with human hands.


We need the true healer. A redeemer of our wounded hearts.


For years, I held it together. I was strong. I was glue. I was the backbone.


I hid my pain well, because I thought I was alone in it. I thought if people knew the real me, they wouldn't understand or show me the compassion my heart yearned for.


I thought if God was to love me I needed to be good enough for Him.


I hid. I lived covered. I piled my days busy with tasks, to-do's, and relationships that were hallow. I played my roles of "good mother", "good wife", "good friend", and "good Christian woman".


Meanwhile, I was being torn up inside. Wrestling with hurts that still oozed. Struggles and fears that ruled me and I didn't know what to do with them, besides keep them inside. Hidden away from others.



Until one day...



"God made my life complete
when I placed all the pieces before him.
I feel put back together,
and I'm watching my step.
God rewrote the text of my life
when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes."

Psalm 18:20,23-24



Are you feeling alone? Beaten-down? Hopeless?

Are you needing to find healing?

Desperate for wholeness?


Place the pieces of your life, all of them, into the hands of God.

He is open to them. He wants to see them. Nothing you have to say or bring is too much for Him.

You can lay your pieces down before Him by simply speaking genuinely to Him, taking them out of hiding and giving them over to him.

Those pieces are an offering to Him. He delights in receiving you.

God has shown me, that life isn't meant to be lived alone. Self-reliant.
Rather, dependant on His never-ceasing love and grace.
He wants you. As you are. Broken. In-need. Of Him.

We are incapable of changing our own hearts. It is His work.
A work that Jesus joyfully wants to do in you.
Since Jesus has worked FOR US, we must rest in Him.
A most freeing imperative, indeed.

We are BROKEN. He is LIFE.
God uses our brokenness as one of the windows through which we see His face.

So grab my hand... let us reach together & place our shattered pieces at His feet. You are NOT alone.

"We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith." Hebrews 12:2







No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at A Woman's Walk, we are excited to talk about this life's journey and hearing from you as you travel yours!