May 25, 2011

Awesome

Lately I have been reading The Book of AWESOME, by Neil Pasricha and it has inspired me to take notice of the small things that give me joy. Here are some of the many AWESOME things Pasricha mentions:

flipping your pillow over to the cold side

popping bubble wrap

fixing electronics by smacking them

bakery air

the scent of crayons

when the socks from the dryer all match up (that makes me very happy when that happens)


So I have decided to notice some of the small things around me that I would consider AWESOME, things that remind me of God's goodness, his care and how he gives me joy...


Having your dad carry you from the car to your bed after falling asleep.

Two of my children singing at the same time - different rooms.

Realizing how big my baby has grown. He is too big to carry back to his own bed after falling asleep in ours because of a bad dream.

Feeling the warm sun on your skin after a long winter.

Seeing leaves on the trees and tulips springing out of the dirt.

Hearing the birds songs in the morning and the frogs croaking at night.

Having just enough baking powder left for the recipe you wanted to make.

Having my car start, when it has only been doing so sparatically.

Hot showers.

Waking in the morning without aches or pains.

Waking to the same wonderful guy for 22years.

Marvelling at how good God is to take such different, young and self-centered individuals from broken homes and make my husband and I into one happily married couple.

Eating food that someone else has cooked.

Coming home and finding that someone has done the dishes.

My son waking me at 5am to wish me a happy Mother's Day.

The excitement in the air on Christmas Eve.

Giving someone the perfect gift, and it actually surprises them.


In the bible we read, "Come and see what God has done, his awesome deeds for mankind."


I desire to take notice of these little things that God has done in my life,
and I thank him for giving me so much to enjoy.

TODAY I CHALLENGE YOU TO DO THE SAME.

But let me tell you, God is not limited to the small things,
God really is the epitome of awesome.

"How awesome is the Lord most high, the great king over all the earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here at A Woman's Walk, we are excited to talk about this life's journey and hearing from you as you travel yours!